Sunday, April 08, 2007

QotW10: virtual plastic surgeries and endless shopping

Meet my Second Life avatar, Shelly Martinek.


One of the amazing things I've discovered after creating an account with SL is the amount of control you have with your avatar. I could virtually perform painless and effortless plastic surgeries on myself anyday and anytime! And tada! I changed my facial features in a matter of seconds.

From small to huge eyes!


Flat nose bridge to high nose bridge!


Thin lips to full lips!

Actually, I think that my avatar hardly looks like my real-self, except that we both have long hair. So why did I create an avatar that looks nothing like myself? Because I feel that it's one of the many perks of an avatar on SL. On one day you can look really similar to your real-self and the next day, you can look nothing like it. Or you can look like a fancy robot or anything that is impossible to look like in your first life. Everyday can be halloween.


How could I miss visiting Singapore in SL?

As I started to explore around, I was really intrigued how realistic some things looked in SL and fashion got my attention first. Since I love to shop, one of the first things I got to doing was getting new clothes, shoes, earrings and the like. I realized that there were lots of freebie stores. Many of them were laggy and packed with loads people and boxes containing the freebies. The problem was that most of these freebies weren't sorted. One box could contain 40 different sets of outfits. And chances are, I probably don't even like 39 of them.


Boxes and boxes of unsorted freebies. Which one to choose?

Thanks to the payment details I gave when creating an account, I got 250 Linden dollars free. So I actually had a bit of money to spend. Though with only 250L, I couldn't afford expensive stuff either. But it's okay, since my latest favorite hangout is the GNUbie store, where everything goes for only a dollar! And in my opinion, they have much better designs compared to the ones you find at freebie stores. Let's see some pictures I've taken in the GNUbie store.



Nice! All designs are neatly shown on the.. um.. board?


Ah! The perfect pair of jeans!


Your mums and dads might actually approve these tattoos!


Maybe I could buy some other SL essentials, like houses?

Taking a break after all the shopping. :)


No comments: